Wednesday, March 26, 2014

When a workout cancels on YOU

Got to bed early last night.

Was up before my 5:10 alarm feeling awake and ready to go.

Had a snack. Gathered all my stuff and even my husband. Headed to the gym.

Got a bit of cocky attitude when I saw the pool wasn't open yet when I got to the doors at about 6:02. Ha! I beat the lifeguard!

Then I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Other swimming hopefuls gathered in the hallway. We waited. One gave up. Then another. We had a maintenance guy go in and check for us.

No lifeguard.

I figured if I was through the doors by 6:35 and in the water right after, I could still get in 1000 m or so.

So I waited until 6:36. Then I gave up, too.

Heavy sigh. Shower. Found my husband, who was already done with his workout. We headed home.

I know in the great scheme of things, having a swim cancel on you is not a big deal. There are people starving to death, suffering from preventable illness, and being victimized by wars.

But... training is a big part of my life. And when I can't get in a session because of someone else, that makes me angry and frustrated.

What's most maddening is that I could have used to the time to do a weights video or yoga.

There's nothing I can do about it now. Going to officially call this week a step-back week and try to move on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment