Friday, March 21, 2014

Random facts Friday

I've been busy. My days go something like eat --> train --> eat --> work --> train --> eat --> sleep (not enough).

So, I don't have much to report on this week yet. I did hit the pool this morning for the third time this week, so that's my first weekly goal checked off. Woo!

How about some random athletic-themed facts about me until something more exciting happens?

- I have played a lot of team and league sports over the years: ballet, tee ball, tennis, softball, volleyball, kickball.

- I wasn't good at any of them. But I had a lot of fun.

- I have very flat duck feet. I have been running in Brooks Adrenalines for the past few years, and they seem to be working well.

- Unrelated to my duck feet, I have no viable cartilage in my left knee. Believe it or not, running strengthens my quads enough that my knee rarely bothers me (knock wood) unless I've been sitting still for a long time.

- During my freshman year of high school, we had to do a semester of swimming. My school didn't have a pool, so we walked a few blocks to the Y every day. This was back in the day, when we could do crazy things like go off campus for lunch.

- I got an A- in swimming because I couldn't, and still cannot, do flip turns. I plan on learning them... some day.

- My worst of the three triathlon disciplines used to be swimming. Now it is easily the bike.

- I'm in a new age group this year, and I have no idea how that will play out yet. There are some fast ladies in my area.

- I wish my dogs were better companion runners. But my pit bull does what we call the "sniff and sprint" -- goes from 0 to 10 mph and back again -- and although my lab mix isn't a bad runner she barks at every other living creature.

- I'm still kind of bummed I didn't go sub-4 hours at my fall marathon. I hope I can do it this fall.

- I am still terrified of getting into aero.

- I get a sick satisfaction from getting to the pool before the lifeguard opens it at 6 a.m.

I think that'll do it for now. I'm excited to get some sunshine time in this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment