Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week in review 17-23 March



This past week was great -- a bit of training in everything for one of my highest-volume weeks in a while.

Swim: Three times including taking advantage of a day off to hit my longest distance swim ever. Overall, about three hours 20 minutes for 7600 meters (about 4 and three quarters miles).

Bike: Three times total: An hour and 15 minutes twice before work, and a longer two hours 30 minutes on the weekend, for a total of 5 hours, all on the rollers.

Run: Three shorter runs during the week -- two easy and one speed -- and a 10-miler on the weekend. It works out to 21 miles in about 3 and a half hours.

Other: A good mix of my plyo moves, some yoga, a weights video and heavy/body weights once each during the week, and some pre-hab exercises. Overall I put in about 3 and a quarter hours.

Overall: Just over 15 hours, which is an excellent week for me. It worked out to about three and a half hours in each sport except for cycling, which was five hours.

I'll probably be out of town next weekend so I especially wanted to get in these long training blocks this weekend. I feel good about it overall and want to keep the momentum going into next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment