Saturday, March 22, 2014

Speed! Speed of foot!

With apologies to the Count of Monte Cristo.

I got outside yesterday for a bit of real speedwork. 1 mile warmup, quarter-mile sprints followed by quarter-mile recovery, end with 1.25-mile cooldown. I went for 5 miles total today so as not to overdo it so early in the "season."

Mentally, 400s are a little more easy for me to handle than 800s because I know the suffering will end soon! I was very happy with my times -- only my first was at an 8:xx pace, and I got the last one down to a 7:31 pace. This is very speedy for me, especially this early, and it felt good. More importantly, I'm still feeling good this morning.

I have a long way to go yet before I try again to break that sub-4-hour marathon time but I feel like I'm off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment