Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring, you're such a tease



I faced this dilemma the other day. It had warmed up to the 40s, so my husband and I took advantage of the non-Polar Vortex conditions to do a few miles after work had wrapped up.

However, these babies had just arrived in the mail:




(I know I should shop local. There is a wonderful running store on my block and trust me, they get plenty of my money. This was an online deal I could not pass up.)

I decided to go the boring route and wear my broken-in Adrenalines. They're about halfway through their life and splashing in a puddle wearing those wouldn't have traumatized me as much.

I wanted to get in another easy run after work yesterday before the snow hit today, but my husband and I decided that since we were likely going to be cooped up for at least a day, we should get out while we could. We went to a local restaurant we hadn't visited in a while and had a nice, quiet evening out with yummy food and drinks. Bonus: I got home early enough that I could still get up at 5:10 and make it to the pool right when it opened this morning.

This morning my street looked like this (and it's only snowed more since):




So... it'll be a while before I take out my new shoes. But I'm OK with that. I got a nice night out, and my new kicks will be waiting for me once the sidewalks are clear.

Come on, spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment