Sunday, May 31, 2015

I don't even want to talk about May's swimming time trial

Blah.
In case you can't see, my May time trial was even worse than April. In April, I did 1,100 yards in 22:11, which works out to a 2:01/100 yard pace; in May, my time was 23:21, a 2:07/100 yard pace.

Barf, puke, ugh, blah, yuck, etc. etc. etc.

I can come up with excuses: I had just raced, I had taken a day off earlier in the week, blah blah blah. But when it comes down to it, I am still slower than I was last month.

If you do the math, it's only 1.5 seconds per lap slower. OK, I can live with that. But still. It's frustrating that I'm getting up at 4:40 a.m. and hitting the pool regularly, yet making no progress. (I know I could go more often, but when would I bike and run?)

I'm not sure if I need to change things up, or find a new swimming plan, or what. I'm going to try to buckle down these next few weeks and see if that makes any difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment