Monday, June 1, 2015

We interrupt your regularly scheduled training to bring you car trouble

I'm pretty sure pieces of my car shouldn't be falling off.
ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

I can't seem to catch a break lately. Today, on the highway about one exit away from my office, my car started shaking and making this terrible loud, grinding noise. I thought I had somehow swerved over the rumble strips. I'm pretty sure it's my transmission, since second gear has been slipping for me lately.

So, instead of heading home at a decent hour and doing a bike workout, I dragged my husband all over hell's half acre to go car shopping. I went on a few test drives and found something I liked, but I didn't fall in love with anything. And out of everything I looked at, only ONE was a manual transmission. (Hey, if you're going to steal my car, I'm making you work for it.)

Sadly, my car couldn't make it home and I'll have to have it towed. Until I figure something out, we're a one-car family. Which means I'll be going light, or not at all, on the before-work swims and after-work runs for a couple days.

This is so frustrating! Lord only knows how long this will take to get sorted out so I can get back on my regular schedule.

Again: ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment