Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My new bike toy!

Oh yeah! (Ignore my husband's messy backseat.)
I finally upgraded!

Since I started getting serious about triathlon and doing some bike training indoors, I've been using an old wind trainer. It is so old it doesn't even have the capability to fit my triathlon bike, so I used my steel Huffy that is older that I am.

Finally, after I was unhappy with my results at my first tri of the year, I got the kick in the pants I needed to upgrade my bike training regimen. A quick visit to the local online triathlon forums and I found someone who wanted to get rid of his old fluid trainer for cheap. Perfect!

I've only been on it twice because of the craziness that was last week, but WOW, what a difference. I'm finding that I need more water breaks at the end of my session, so I am definitely working hard. If only I can get my CatEye to work again!

We're already a third of the way through June so if I want to do some serious training yet this summer, I've gotta get going. Hopefully this will help me in my never-ending quest to become a not-so-crappy cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment