Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Thunderstorms and a scared mutt make for a less-than-restful night

Fun.
I knew it was going to thunderstorm overnight last night. I was NOT expecting a weather onslaught that would terrify my doggy.

The rumbles started at about 1:45 a.m. I can't remember if my lab mix's panting or the actual thunder woke me up first, but before too long, she was in bed with us, trying to get as close to me as possible -- meaning, she was trying to lay all 50 pounds of herself on my chest. I was trying to be sympathetic, since she was obviously scared, but there's only so much you can do for a dog freaking out in your bed at 2 a.m.

You can see from my screen shot above that we got a long, long line of thunderstorms. It went on for about an hour, making an hour of my dog panting, shaking, and trying to climb on me. And my other dog -- deciding that if her sister got to lie in the human bed, so she did she -- stretching herself out at our feet.

So yeah, no sleep last night. The 4:40 a.m. wake-up call to go to the pool wasn't happening. I could barely get myself out of bed by 6 a.m. to shower and make breakfast.

It's not the best way to start the week. But one funny thing that came out of it was how the mutt was frolicking with her toys this morning, oblivious to my husband and I guzzling coffee. At that point, all we could do was laugh.

Why you no rub my belly?
Please, let nothing get in the way of my run this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment