Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week in review May 25-31, yeah I know I'm late so I'll make it quick

Blah.
My car crapped out on me on the way to work Monday so I went car shopping that night (the good news is the mechanics don't think it's the disaster I believed it to be) and tonight I had a personal meeting. I'm behind and, unfortunately, not doing much training. So, here's a very quick and late week in review:

Swim: Once in the pool for 3500 yards in about 1:22. I took an extra day off after my race and my family-filled long weekend, and it was raining Saturday so I didn't make it out to the lake.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for a total of 3:15. Same deal as swimming: I took an extra day off and then didn't make it out to the park because of the rain.

Run: OK, I actually put in some respectable mileage this week: 30.55 miles over four runs in about 4:47, including one long and boring treadmill run because it was, surprise surprise, raining on Sunday. My other runs included two easy (one was supposed to be a speed but the humidity was borderline unbearable) and a medium distance/fast finish that felt great.

Other: One weights video instead of a run on, ANOTHER SURPRISE, a rainy day, and a self-guided yoga session. All together this was about 1:25.

Total: 9 sessions in just under 11 hours.

Let's be honest: Last week sucked and this week will too, since I'm off to Chicago on Friday. I'm just going to move on, put these low-volume weeks behind me, and move on to the next one. I'm trying not to be too bitter. They can't all be A+ weeks.

Maybe instead of "sucky weeks" I'll call them "unanticipated recovery weeks." Yeah, I kind of like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment