Friday, May 29, 2015

My shoulder devil made me do it

I know, it's hard to believe I don't make a living as an artist.
Well, this morning's early bike trainer ride was a bust.

I laid out my clothes, went to bed at a decent hour... hell, I even made sure to turn off the computers and read an actual, paper BOOK before bed so I could fall right asleep.

But when I started to wake up every 15 minutes starting at 3 a.m. to check the clock, and finally sat up to get up at 4:30, I just couldn't do it.

"Go back to sleep," my shoulder devil said. "The bed is so comfortable. You're tired. The next race you want to do doesn't even have a bike portion. You need your rest."

So I reset the alarm and went back to sleep for another hour and a half.

Sigh. I do feel better with a bit of extra sleep, but I should be putting in more work on the bike. Well, at least I got the weekend off to a nice, restful start.

No comments:

Post a Comment