Thursday, May 28, 2015

It's raining, it's pouring, and I'm not running

Of course.
It started raining while I was out on a run Tuesday evening. The dark clouds were moving in, but I decided to risk it: I headed out on the trail, got sprinkled on at about mile 2, turned around at 2.5, and made it back to my car ahead of the storm. Victory!

Yesterday, Wednesday, was more of the same. Rain, rain, rain starting in the afternoon and more green on the radar for the evening. I gave up obsessively clicking "refresh" at Weather.com and instead headed to the grocery store and then home after work, doing a weights workout video instead of my run.

Of course, the sun came out and the skies cleared to a beautiful blue like my picture above.

Of course.

It wasn't a total waste, since my weights have been collecting dust lately. But I don't want to lift, I want to ruuuuuun! Wah, wah, wah. First-world problems.

Silver lining: I left my running bag at work, so that was one less thing I had to carry to the office today.

The forecast today is more blue skies, warm temperatures and low humidity. And you bet your butt I'll be out there pounding the pavement, sprinkles or no.

No comments:

Post a Comment