Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Week in review 27 April to 3 May: Nothin' to see here

More of the same.
A real quick weekly review since I'm two days late anyway.

Swim: Twice in the pool for 3,500 yards in about 1:20 each time, for about 2:40 total, including my monthly 1000 meter (or in this case 1100 yard) time trial. Nothing remarkable here, just steady swimming. Hopefully it'll be warm enough by this weekend where I can hit the lake for the first time this year.

Bike: Three times, twice on the trainer and one 40-mile road ride, for about 4:30 total. It was a great outdoor ride, since I pushed the pace and had my highest mph average for that route in, I think, forever. I ended up with a weird neck strain from clenching as I powered up the hills, but that was gone by the next day so it was totally worth it.

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 33.25 miles in about 5:10 total. This included some half-mile repeats in which I was able to throw down some sub-8:00 paces. It was also my fourth 30+ mile week in a row. I've run at least 25 miles every week this year except for one when I was sick. This is a LOT more mileage than I am usually pulling this time of year and it is paying off with my faster, easier paces.

Other: Just one quick, self-guided yoga session to stretch out the hips, mostly.

Total: Ten sessions in just less than 13 hours.

This is about what I can handle right now. I'm doing two-a-days most weekdays, swimming or biking before work and running after; doing a long ride on Saturday; and doing a long run on Sunday. If I start adding in anything else I'm going to have to lose more sleep than I already am, or what little social life I've managed to sustain, or my marriage, or my sanity. I am going to make an effort to do a swim before my ride Saturday and maybe a run afterward, now that it is a bit warmer, but I don't expect to increase my volume any more than that simply because my time is limited.

Still, I am feeing good about the effort I've put in this winter and spring. I feel like I am swimming smoother, biking stronger, and running faster. And I'm still having fun -- for now -- and looking forward to improving even more. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment