Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week in review May 18-24: Lots of running and a blah race

Lots of running, a race, and not much else.
I held steady with swimming and running, but took it easy with the biking this week knowing I had my first race of the year on Saturday.

I also had a family event on Sunday which took up the entire day, so I lost some training time there. But, like Peter says in the movie Office Space, "I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob." I enjoyed my day of rest and not waking up before 5 a.m.

This may also have been my first week ever to have swum more than I rode my bike.

Here's how it shook out:

Swim: Twice in the pool and once in the lake for my race, for a total of about 8,650 yards in about 3 hours, 24 minutes.

Bike: Twice on the trainer and one 25-mile ride on the road for my race, for about 3 hours, 17 minutes.

Run: Five times, all on the road including once for my race, for about 4 hours, 54 minutes. I may have overdone it a bit during the week, but I had gorgeous weather and wanted to take advantage. I backed off later in the week and don't think the extra mileage negatively affected my race. How much do you really need to taper for a 10K, anyway?

Bonus: I hit the 100-mile mark for May running miles during my race.

Other: Nothing.

Total: About 11 hours, 34 minutes (27 seconds more than I trained last week, ha!).

So after a day or two off I'm going to try to settle back into a training rhythm. I need to work on everything, especially the bike. I think it's time to invest in a quality trainer and make room in my schedule for another road ride during the week, so those may very well be my priorities before I sign up for another race this season.

Summer time, and the training's easy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment