Thursday, July 27, 2017

Why did the turtle cross the road?

I helped a turtle cross the road today on my run! It was super cool.
Not the actual turtle, but you get the idea.
I was minding my own business on the running trail and I happened to see a big ol' turtle trying to cross the road. I yelled at him to stop (lol), stashed my water, hopped over the guardrail, and tried to make myself obvious so I wouldn't get hit by traffic. When there was a break in the cars, I grabbed him (he was heavy!) and moved him across the road in the direction he was going, just like you're supposed to.

Of course, he peed on me, and of course, I got a look of "What is that crazy girl doing?" from a guy cycling by, but I am happy to report both the turtle and I made it safely across the street. After I turned around and headed back there was no trace of him so I consider it a success.

It wasn't until after he was safely across the road that I thought, "Uh, I hope that wasn't a snapping turtle!"



No comments:

Post a Comment