Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Week in review June 3-9: A holiday, running, and some yoga too

A decent week.
I’m a day late and always at least a dollar short. But, here’s last week’s review anyway.

I wasn’t expecting great things so I was pleasantly surprised when I added up all my totals. I had a good start to the week with Monday and Tuesday off for the holiday, and I got in two sessions each day (even though a lot of that was easy stuff).

I used all my available brainpower Thursday at work and was incapable of doing anything afterward, so I just relaxed and ordered in dinner. Saturday was another day of getting in one solid thing (in this case, a ride outside) and my brain was just NOPE for the rest of the day. Plus, it was gorgeous outside, and I was much better off going out somewhere with a patio rather than be mad I was lifting weights inside. In retrospect, I should have done a quick video as a compromise – oh well.

I am bummed that I already fell short on two of my monthly goals: Swim once a week and lift weights twice a week. I didn’t make it to the pool last week and I only went to one barre class. I’m going to have to amend that goal to “most weeks” so I don’t dwell on it and give up completely.

It was wonderful having a three-day work week. I thought about going out to ride my bike at the state park during one of the holiday days off, but it was hot and would have been insane with traffic, which I didn’t want to deal with. Regardless, it was a nice mix of relaxation, training, and doing boring adult stuff.

By the numbers:

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 28.75 miles in about 4.75 hours. This included a fun 4-miler with my husband on July 4. He’s an on-and-off runner so I was proud of him for doing 4 without any problems. This also included an aborted 5K time trial because it was just too dang hot – I made it about 0.66 miles before I was about to lose my lunch – and a decent 12.5-miler Sunday. I need to do another long run route besides laps of my neighborhood, but driving somewhere is a layer of logistics I just don’t want to deal with when I already have errands and everything else to do on Sundays.

Bike: Twice, once on the trainer and once on the road, for 40-ish miles in a bit less than three hours. My road ride was very interesting dealing with flooded roads and my trainer ride was a nice, easy-ish recovery spin.

Weights: Just one barre class on the Fourth for about an hour. I don’t know what we did differently that day but my glutes hurt for at least all of the next day.

Yoga: Yay, I did some yoga! Just two quick solo sessions for about 35 minutes total, but at least I did something.

Total: Nine sessions for about 9:11. Not bad.

I gave up training yesterday for a hair appointment (ugh more adulting stuff) and it’s threatening rain today, but I think I’m going to risk it. It’s a bummer having to work five days this week, so I have to make the most of the time I do have, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment