Monday, July 17, 2017

Week in review June 10-16: Light running, decent biking, and a fun 5K

Running was light this week since I swapped out a couple runs for easy runs with my husband, but it still ended up being a good week with two sessions each of biking, weights, and yoga.

I lost Monday to a hair appointment but managed doubles (if you count short solo yoga sessions) Wednesday through Saturday. The only training I did Sunday was a 5K, which was super fun and close to home. I spend the rest of the day relaxing, prepping food for the week, and psyching myself up for season 7 of Game of Thrones. Totally worth it.

I’m way ahead of the halfway point for my 100 running miles in July goal, so it was nice to have a chill weekend with nothing more than an easy 5K. It worked out that I biked more than I ran this week as a result. Also, I still haven’t made it to the pool this month. When I’m short on time, I go for what’s easy: to zip out for a quick run or hop on my trainer. I’m not signed up for any races, so I'm really lacking motivation to get to the pool. I'll get there... eventually... maybe.
About a third bike, a third run, and a third other.
By the numbers:

Bike: Twice, once on the trainer and one 35-mile road ride, for about 46 miles in about 3:11.

Run: Four times, all on the road, for just under 19 miles in a bit longer than 3 hours. This included two hot runs on my own and two slower runs with my husband. It was nice to have a cutback week.

Weights: Twice, one video and one barre class. I went to barre before my usual Saturday ride and it was nice to change it up.

Yoga: Twice on my own for 35 minutes total.

Total: 10 sessions (!) in about 8 hours, 43 minutes. Not bad.

It wasn't a perfect week, but I can't complain. Here's hoping we have good weather so I can have another good week.




No comments:

Post a Comment