Monday, May 19, 2014

Week of May 12-18: Lakes, bricks and long runs



Not a shabby week, if you overlook that I didn't do any "other" workouts. But I put some decent time in for swim, bike and run.

Swim: Two swims of about an hour, one swim of about a half hour because the lifeguard decided to sleep in, and one very, very cold lake swim of about a half hour. In all, about 2 hours, 45 minutes.

Bike: Two morning rides on the trainer for an hour an 15 minutes, and another ride outside on a gorgeous day for almost two and a half hours, for a total of almost 5 hours.

Run: Two after-work runs of 40 minutes, a 2-hour long run, and a quick brick of about 20 minutes. All told, 3 hours and 39 minutes of running this week.

Other: Nothing. I just ran out of time and had to prioritize.

Overall: 11 hours, 20 minutes. A good week.

So, this week will be about preparing for my race Saturday — EEEK! Gotta get some decent training in early so I take it easy at the end of the week. I have no idea what to expect, so if nothing else, I hope it's fun and a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment