Friday, May 16, 2014

A little perspective


Wednesday was a rough day for my husband and me. Wednesday is also the day I usually do a weights video after work.

I had to make a decision: Spend some time together, or prioritize my workout. I chose my marriage over my weights, and we actually had a lovely time together eating yummy burgers in a new-to-us restaurant.

I was beating myself up pretty badly mentally on Thursday when I finally realized that I was giving myself a hard time for not getting in my SECOND workout of the day. So I did some sleuthing and found this Web MD article about how Americans are backing off exercise.

In short:

49.6% of Americans reported that they exercised for at least 30 minutes three days per week, and
18.5% said they exercised one or two days per week.
That means:
68.1% of people exercise at least once per week.

So, training once a day and pulling the occasional two-a-day puts me pretty far ahead of the pack. Figuring that out made me feel a lot better.

It's all about perspective, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment