Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Rain, rain, go away


We're a little late on the April showers, but we're making up for it by volume.

Unfortunately, this has made it challenging at best to get some of my workouts in. Last week, morning lightning canceled one of my swims. This Monday, I brought my running clothes with me to work, but the forecast turned out to be:


Yes. A tornado warning. I was never in any danger, but it was definitely strange to see this on my phone. The sirens went off about a half hour later, and about a half hour after that (!) building security asked everyone to move to an internal room. I admit I got a little nervous then, because it was as black as night outside, but the storm eventually passed and I headed home. Without having gone for a run, of course.

There has been rain pretty much since then. I did a quick few miles on the treadmill last night, so I don't think I'm going to bother today. I hope it'll clear up in time for an after-work run tomorrow.

I'm not sure what May showers are supposed to bring, but they are starting to give me a headache!

No comments:

Post a Comment