Sunday, May 11, 2014

Biking outside!

I took my trusty triathlon bike outside yesterday for the first time all season.

I was a little nervous that I would have forgotten how to ride over the last few months, and I admit I was a bit wobbly at first, but the day ended up going so much better than expected. I ended up doing 37 miles in about 2 hours and 20 minutes.

It was just a gorgeous day. It got a bit warm at the end, and I had a horrible headwind, but I very much enjoyed the sunshine, fresh air and tailwind. I had a moment at the end where I was overcome with how grateful I was to be able to take a few hours on a Saturday and ride my bike just because I can.

I followed it up with a 1.5 mile run and headed home, after a stop for an iced latte, of course.

I'm feeling much, much better about my first race of the season in two weeks. All I need to do is swim in a lake between now and then. And, eventually, learn how to ride in aero — but that will be my goal for summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment