Monday, April 14, 2014

Week in review 7-13 April: Crazy hours and coughing


This week was defined by working long hours into the evening and Sunday morning, and coughing my lungs out. That made for a less-than-ideal training week.

Swim: Three sessions of about an hour each, for just less than three hours total. This was the only thing I was consistent with this week.

Bike: Two weekday morning sessions for an hour and 15 minutes each, for two and a half hours total. I had good intentions to get my long weekend trainer ride done Sunday, but it didn't happen.

Run: One short and speedy run during the week, and one 10K race at my husband's pace. This worked out to just less than two hours total.

Other: One weights video. No weekend heavy weights (again, good intentions), no yoga, no pre-hab, no plyo.

Overall: Eight hours and 20 minutes.

I'm still not where I want to be hours-wise, and with spring and race season bearing down on me, I'm not happy about it. I can't just stop working on this project to get my evenings (and Sunday mornings) back, so I'm trying to be as consistent as possible on weekday mornings.

I'm trying to shake this cough as best as I can, but when I'm up for two hours in the middle of the night hacking, that doesn't bode well for getting up at 5 a.m. and hitting the pool. (I'm sure it's just allergies, because I feel fine otherwise.)

I had good intentions to do my trainer ride and weights Sunday, instead of my usual day Saturday, to accommodate our race. But I was exhausted, and the weather was beautiful, so we took our dogs to a vacant lot to run around to make up for them being indoors while we were gone or busy both Saturday and Sunday mornings. By the time we got back it was too late to do much else.

Excuses? Maybe. Frustration that life got in the way more often than not? Definitely. Starting to question my life choices? Maybe some of that, too. Either way, if I don't want to die at my first tri of the season next month, something's gotta give.

I'm voting for this stupid cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment