Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Crazy days, sleepless nights

Work has been pretty busy for the last week or so. It’s been an accomplishment to muster up enough energy to get up for my early morning training session.

Unfortunately, I’m not fitting in many evening training sessions. I didn’t even leave my desk until 8 p.m. yesterday, and I barely had enough energy to eat dinner (slow cooker for the win!), watch the season finale of Shameless, shove some chocolate in my mouth, and go to bed. Wait – I did load and run the dishwasher before bed. Gold star!

Add to the mix that I started hacking up a lung each night starting Friday night. (If you’re keeping count, that’s four lungs so far.) Friday night was the worst, so I was tired all day Saturday. But, my cough is getting better bit by bit, so there’s less and less of a lung to hack up each time. But I’m still waking up several times each night to cough (hopefully quietly enough that I don’t wake up my better half) ... and I am feeling those interrupted nights.

Ugh. If it's not one thing, it's another. More coffee, please.

On the plus side, this is the forecast for Saturday:

The husband and I are doing a 10K Saturday, which will be his first official race in a year. I'm glad we have good weather to look forward to, to make the experience more enjoyable. I have no goals other than to support him so we can finish strong and happy. And go out for breakfast afterward, of course.

Fingers crossed I can make it home in time to go for a nice run yet tonight! It's in the low 60s right now and I am trying to wrap everything up so I can run my heart out. But it's more likely that I will run my lungs out, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment