Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The too little vs. too much balance

            
It was a late night at the office last night, but in a good way – hanging out with people who are friends as well as coworkers. Late nights usually mean no morning workout, and that was the case today. I didn't want to have two nights of lousy sleep in a row, so I canceled my bike trainer ride and stayed in bed for a bit. And I feel great today.

Related, I came across these memes through one of my favorite triathlon bloggers, Steve in a Speedo. Sometimes, when I am beating myself up for not being able to do it all – clean house, perfect training schedule, three meals a day from scratch, exceptional work performance, long dog walks every day – I need to remind myself that I am not actually a machine. Monday morning pool sessions are great! But they shouldn't define me as a person.

Like the memes say: You are not a machine. You will enjoy eating that cookie. It's good to spend the occasional evening with your coworkers, even if that means skipping your morning workout. And that's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment