Monday, April 21, 2014

Cough, cough -- go away

I spoke too soon when I said my cough was pretty much gone – it came back with a vengeance last night. I tried to cough as quietly as possible so I didn’t wake my husband, but I know I disturbed him at least twice.

I had gone to bed a little later than I would have liked, thanks to Game of Thrones. By the time 5 a.m. rolled around, I was just lying in bed awake, trying to clear my throat as quietly as possible. I knew it was a losing battle, so I eventually got up and went to the pool.

I probably could have gone right back to sleep, but I wanted to get the training week off to a good start. (Especially since I’ll be busy tonight.) And although I was tired and did my laps pretty slowly, I got them done.

Randomly, I also sneezed underwater for the first time. That was kind of weird.

I know I have been lacking on sleep lately. I got a decent night's sleep Friday, but was up a bit late Saturday night and had to get up early-ish Sunday to finish cleaning the house. Game of Thrones is only on for 10 Sundays every year, so I try not to be too hard on myself for staying up to watch it. But that means I get a seven-hour night of sleep, max. I could watch it on OnDemand later but... come on.

I'm certain skimping on sleep has gotten in the way of me getting better. I try to do the best I can -- get to bed as early as possible, skip my training when I am really lacking in sleep, and put in a solid night whenever I can.

And try not to hit the coffee TOO hard during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment