Monday, April 10, 2017

Week in review April 3-9: Not terrible, not great

Decent running, blah other stuff.
Well, this week wasn’t terrible. I only ran three times, but one of those was a long run. I didn’t make it to the pool, do any pre-hab, or do any yoga, but I DID do a weights video and played with my new bike toys, so it wasn’t a total non-running loss.

Since I didn’t feel great the weekend before, I did a weights video on Monday because I hadn’t lifted in a while. Tuesday was a nice, boring run. By Wednesday everything in my life was going to hell, so after getting home late I couldn’t summon the mental energy to do anything more than order in dinner and become one with the couch.

By Thursday all my new bike gear had arrived so I did an hour on the trainer. I ran for what I am 99% sure is my first Friday workout of 2017. But, everything went to hell again on Saturday. I was up early and ready to get on the trainer again for a bit, but my husband and I had a few last-minute errands/situations pop up, and I never did carve out enough time before meeting with friends for a planned dinner.

Not going to lie, I was super bummed and mad at myself for not prioritizing a workout. This is the second Saturday in a row I haven’t done a thing. But it also felt good to relax and hang out with friends, and shouldn’t weekends include some of that, too? I’m still working on finding that balance without beating myself up for doing too much of one or the other.

Yesterday (Sunday) I did a lot of food prep and kitchen stuff but was able to rally for a 12-miler later in the afternoon, which was my first time doing more than 10 since training for and racing the Gasparilla Distance Classic in February. I was good with 11 but at about mile 10.5 I saw a very familiar face – my husband had also rallied and headed out to join me for the last bit of my run. I was happy to spend a few miles doing what I love with someone I love.

By the numbers, it was:

Run: Three times, twice on the road and once on the treadmill, for 24.5 miles in a hair less than 4 hours.

Weights: One video for 1:05.

Bike: One trainer ride for 1 hour.

Total: Five sessions for slightly longer than 6 hours.

It averages to an hour most days of the week, so I can't be too mad. I just learn from it and move on to the next week. And maybe better anticipate Saturday shenanigans that can derail my plans.



No comments:

Post a Comment