Saturday, April 22, 2017

A not terrible "speed" workout

I was looking forward to a run all day yesterday (Friday) and although it was cooler than anticipated, I bundled up and headed out for a couple laps around the neighborhood.

My feet felt like they weighed 100 pounds each and I thought about bailing, but I decided to push the pace every other mile just to see what happened. I affectionately call this workout "puking leapfrog" because I always want to barf by the end of the last fast mile.
Not terrible.
Some funny things to note:

- Overall pace was 9:08, a 3:59:59 marathon pace, and my ultimate goal.
- My second fast repeat was 8:23, exactly my BQ marathon pace.
- I had a couple recovery miles at 9:34/9:36, which is my PR marathon pace of 4:10.
- The 8:19 gets an asterisk because I had to stop for traffic.

Anyway, it was great way to kick off the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment