Sunday, April 9, 2017

Random long run thoughts

12 miles in a tank top!
Today was a gorgeous day. I headed out a bit late, but still managed 12 miles in a tank top! And I wasn't cold at all!

My mind always wanders when I run long and today was no exception:

- I ran past an apartment complex, in front of which a few little girls were playing. They called out "Hi!" to me and I said "hi" back. I started thinking: How many other positive fitness role models do those girls have? How many other women run by and make them think they can run, too? Of course, what do I know... those girls could have a mom that's a weightlifting champion and a mom who's a marathon runner. But maybe it does put a bug in their ear some day

- An ambulance went past and the turned around in front of me. My first thought was, "Damn, I don't look that bad, do I?" Then I started thinking... "What if I died a mile 1 and don't realize it yet, and am doomed to run laps of my neighborhood as purgatory?"

- My husband caught up to me at mile 10.5-ish and we ran another 2.5 together. Yeah, it dropped my pace a lot, but I am still working on making him A Runner. It was a beautiful day to run, especially with someone you love.

Happy running!



No comments:

Post a Comment