Sunday, April 23, 2017

Getting in what I can

I definitely have a perfectionist personality at times, meaning that if I can't do things exactly how I want to, I don't want to do them at all. I'm trying to be more lenient with that attitude in my workouts; if I don't have time to ride for two hours, I'll do an hour and a half. If I can't run for 12 miles, I'll do 8.25.

That was exactly what I did this weekend, and it all worked out. I got a late start to my run Friday night, and it was colder than expected, but I still gutted it out and had a better run than planned.

I had a family event that took up most of my day Saturday, but I still squeezed in an hour and a half on the bike. And since my husband got delayed, I did most of my weights workout, too!

I wanted to do a 12-mile/2-hour run today, but I just didn't have time, so I did 8.25. I managed 7 at a moderate pace with the last 1.25 as a fast finish. And I ran it in SHORTS!!!
Why you no take me with you, Mommeh?
This weekend was a big reminder to me that something is better than nothing, even if "something" isn't exactly what I wanted to do. And sometimes that "something" turns out better than expected, anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment