Saturday, December 31, 2016

Another successful month of running build!

Late November and early December was The Month of All the Sicknesses: 24-hour flu, then strep throat, then a cold, then an allergic reaction to maybe the amoxicillin or maybe something else, then a cold sore. So, I was lucky to get in any running at all.

But I rallied later in the month and was pretty consistent with my routine of running two days in a row and lifting on the third day. Today I did an easy 4 OUTSIDE with my husband to smash my goal for December of "run 90-95 miles." Yeah, I did consider doing 8 to make it an even 100, but my left knee felt a little tender today so I took it easy.
This was a great way to end the year!
If you're keeping track, that's 666 for the year. Yes, I did that on purpose! Ha ha! I wanted to end the year on a round number but that was even better.

Anyway, for December, those runs are mostly 5-7 milers on the treadmill, doing a variety of easy runs and speedy-ish runs — nothing too difficult. I did a 9-miler on Christmas Eve, my longest run since the Freep Half in October. I don't have anything on the schedule, so I don't see a reason for me to be doing anything longer right now.

I feel like I have been running steadily enough, and being consistent enough with my strength training, that I can make 100 miles per month a goal for 2017. Yeah, I know I got set back by SI joint and IT band issues in late 2015/early 2016 and didn't make my goal then, but it's a whole new year.

Happy new year!



No comments:

Post a Comment