Monday, December 26, 2016

Week in review Dec. 19-25: Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas if you celebrate! Otherwise, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, or blessed be.

I lived through the week. I worked Monday and Tuesday, then took Wednesday and Thursday off to spend time with my sister, in town from out of state. We did our family Christmas on Wednesday and ate way too much turkey and homemade coconut milk-maple syrup ice cream. (But it was delicious.) Thursday we lounged around, watched Christmas movies, wandered downtown, finished our respective crocheting and knitting Christmas projects, and ordered in barbecue. Exciting day!

Friday my sis and bro-in-law were out the door shortly after 4 a.m. to catch their plane (shudder), so it was pretty much back to normal. I went to a barre class at a special late-morning time since everyone had the day off, and the rest of the day Friday and all day Saturday were Christmas prep with a couple runs sprinkled in. I did surprisingly well running-wise this past week, considering everything else going on. I even managed some evening Christmas yoga last night after I got home from multiple family celebrations.
Not bad for a holiday week.
It worked out to be:

Run: Four times, all on the treadmill, for 28.25 miles in about 4:27. This was two easy-ish building runs, one speed workout, and a 9-miler. I haven't broken the 30-mile mark any week since I started building again a year ago, but this is the second-closest I've come. I'm not too worried about it. My main focus is staying un-injured.

Weights: One barre class for about an hour.

Yoga: One solo session of about a half hour.

Total: 6 sessions in a hair less than 6 hours. Not bad! Considering two full days were dedicated to family, with big chunks of other days lost to holiday preparation, I feel good about getting in almost an hour almost every day.

This week is the best week of the year because my office is CLOSED. I have grand plans to work out every day, plus do some reading (I have a ginormous stack of magazines to get through) and finish some nagging tasks and minor household projects. I'm probably heading out to see my grandmothers tomorrow, but should be able to get in some miles beforehand. I may or may not get back into the pool or on the bike — we'll see what the week brings.



No comments:

Post a Comment