Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas, Part 1

I survived the first couple days of "Christmas." I skipped out of work Tuesday knowing I wouldn't be back for another two weeks. I had taken the rest of the week off to hang out with my sister, in town from out of state. Yay!

We did a mini-family Christmas Wednesday with turkey and some of our presents. I got in a decent run beforehand, which was nice. After dinner, my parents' dog and my dogs generously tried to help put the turkey away:
We help with turkey.
My sister and brother-in-law stayed at my place Wednesday night. We hung out Thursday and did a little bit of shopping and watched some Christmas movies — nothing too exciting. Sadly, they were out the door shortly after 4 a.m. this morning to catch their plane, but it was good to see them while they were here.

There was a special barre class today assuming everyone would have the day off so I went. It was a great way to get the day going.
Barre socks!
I had to run errands afterward, but did get in a treadmill run later. I'm assuming I won't get to run on Christmas Day, so I ran today and will tomorrow hopefully, to preemptively burn off some treats.

The next few days will be busy with family celebrating, but I am confident I can run most days and get some weights in, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment