Monday, December 19, 2016

Week in review Dec. 12-18: Christmas prep craziness

Not spectacular but decent.
Like pretty much every other week, I started off last week great, workout-wise. I nailed a run, a weights video, and two more runs after work during the week, and was feeling good. I even got Christmas cards out the door one of those nights.

Friday after work I dedicated to running holiday errands and I was just too tired to do much else by the time I got home. Sleeping in and regular errands took over Saturday morning, and I didn’t get on the treadmill until much later in the day than I had hoped. (I’d had good intentions to run outside but the roads and sidewalks were still a mess.) So, I only got to do part of my body weight routine before heading out to a Christmas party.

I had high hopes to do something, ANYTHING, on Sunday, but I just ran out of time. I finished up Christmas shopping and did a decent amount of cleaning in advance of family coming over for the holidays, so yes, that was important stuff. But after adding in a few hours of food prep, I was already getting to bed way too late. No time to run, no time to lift, no time for anything. Ugh.

On the plus side, after tomorrow I’m off for nearly two weeks. Hurrah! So not only do I get to sleep in and work out whenever I please, but I also get a reprieve from food prepping for a couple of weeks. I really want to spend a decent amount of time catching up on my reading and playing with the dogs during my time off.

I told my husband yesterday that my life would be a lot easier if we just ate out fast food every day for lunch instead of me washing lettuce and grilling chicken every other freaking day. But it’s important to me that we eat healthfully. There’s always going to be something that eats up those hours in the day, and overall I feel good about making the decision to make healthy meals ahead of time rather than go for my fifth run of the week. The time has to come from somewhere.

By the numbers, it was:

Run: Four times, all on the treadmill, for 25 miles in almost exactly four hours. Nothing spectacular here – some easy, some medium effort, some bits of speed sprinkled in.

Weights: Twice, one video and one part of one heavy/body routine, for about 1:10 together. Nothing out of the ordinary here, either, except that I was able to move up a few pounds on a few moves in the video, and add another rep here and there for assisted chin-ups and the like.

Total: Six sessions in about 5:11. I mean, it wasn’t terrible? It still averages out to about 45 minutes a day. Of course I’d like to do more, but this is where I’m at until I can afford that live-in chef, live-in maid, and personal shopper.

I am hoping for a break in the weather this coming week so I can move a few runs outside. Most of Christmas prep is behind me except for waiting on a few deliveries and wrapping, so I am looking forward to a relaxing few weeks – fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment