Saturday, December 17, 2016

The year's last weigh-in

I see the scale as a tool, not the be-all, end-all. Even so, it was nice to see, on what was probably my final weigh-in of the year, a number I haven't seen in a while. In a good way.
Going in the right direction.
I'd been having some health issues that I believe contributed to the extra pounds. To try to get to the bottom of that, I've eliminated a lot of foods that showed up as allergies and switched out some medications. As a result, I'm feeling better than I have in a while and am weighing less than I have in a while. Success!

I'm planning on getting back in the pool and back on the bike soon. I was having hyperventilating attacks in the pool and had to DNF a swim this summer for a panic attack, so I decided to take a break. I am hopeful that those were just additional symptoms of the existing problem. One way to find out — hop in the pool and see.

Now, to see if I can end the year at the same weight, considering all the yummy holiday treats coming my way!



No comments:

Post a Comment