Monday, January 2, 2017

Week in review Dec. 26 - Jan. 1: Happy New Year!

My brain isn't sure what day of the week or day of the year it is. I totally forgot it was Monday and that I should do a week in review until I got the email from Daily Mile. Oops!

In short, last week was great. I had the week off work, and I did pretty well with training overall. I had FIVE family gathering and friends' parties (including New Year's Eve) so it was busy. But, I got in a nice variety of workouts to end the year on a high note. Plus, I got back in the pool!
A bit of everything.
Run: Four times, three on the treadmill and once on the road, for about 21.75 miles in about 3:32. This brought me to 666 miles for the year, and yes, I did that on purpose.

Weights: Twice, one video and one body/heavy weight session, for about 2:25.

Swim: One VERY slow session of 2400 meters in about 1:11, including drills and everything else.

Yoga: Three times, all self-guided, for about 1:10.

Bike: One 30-minute session to warm up for a weights workout.

Total: 11 sessions in about 8 hours, 50 minutes. Not bad!

Tomorrow it's back to real life. I've spent most of the evening in the kitchen prepping food for the coming week, I did laundry earlier, I did all my grocery shopping for the week, etc. I'm hoping that I planned ahead well enough that a few easy runs and weights videos after work should be easy to fold back into my full-time work schedule. And if not, well... at least it's only a four-day week.



No comments:

Post a Comment