Monday, January 16, 2017

Week in review Jan. 8-15: Another week of run, lift, and nothing else

Run, lift, blah.
It was an OK week. I got in lots of running and lifted weights twice, but I didn’t do a single other thing. My husband is taking a class a few weeknights this month, so I feel like I should spend time with him on the other nights. One night we spent a wild night buying him some new clothes. How do I handle all this excitement?

So far my goals of doing yoga twice per week and swimming and biking once each per week are not going well. I did some yoga on New Year’s Day but haven’t rolled out my mat since. I swam and rode once each last month while I was off for Christmas break, the first time in the pool since August and in the saddle since October. But I haven’t done either yet for 2017. Sigh.

I don’t know what else to say except that I need more hours in the day. I’m prioritizing running and lifting, going to the job that pays the bills, prepping healthy food, sleeping almost enough, and my marriage. Skipping a swim is less expensive in the long run than a divorce, I guess!

Last week’s workouts were:

Run: Four times, all on the treadmill, for 30 miles in about 4:52. This is my second 30-mile week in a row; I haven’t done that in a year and a half. And, everything feels good. Concentrating on landing mid-foot and not reaching is making my knees happy. Whatever was going on with my tailbone seems to be feeling better. So, I’m going to run (ha) with it.

Weights: Twice, one video and one round of my heavy/body weight routine interspersed with a run, for about 2:15 total. Jillian Michaels is never easy no matter how many times I do that video, and I have been adding reps and weight as I can for my own routine. I am starting to get back muscles I haven’t noticed before, which is pretty awesome. This consistency is paying off.

Total: 6 sessions in about 7 hours, 7 minutes. This includes two days off so I don’t think it was that bad. Yeah, I should have done a little yoga on those two days off, but… I didn’t.

Some other good news: It’s only halfway through the month and I’m already 61 miles into my goal of running 100. I want to bank a few miles because I’m sure I’ll come down with at least one more cold, but so far, so good. We’re supposed to get warm weather later this week so I hope to get outside at least once, but I have Netflix to entertain me on the treadmill if we don’t.


No comments:

Post a Comment