Monday, April 6, 2015

Week in review March 30-April 5: A schedule change means a step back week

Not my best week.
I started a new work schedule this past week, and I knew my training load would suffer a bit. Hopefully, I'll be adjusted before too long and can get my volume up back to normal.

Thanks also to my dog for pulling out her stitches and ultimately causing me to miss my speed run window. She is doing better, although you can tell she still hates wearing her cone.

Swim: I only made it once this week, on Friday, my day off. But I made it count, doing 3200 meters in about 1 hour, 18 minutes.

Bike: One medium and one long session on the trainer, totaling 3.5 hours.

Run: Four times this week, three times on the road, working out to a short and speedy run, a medium speedy run, a true easy run, and a long slow distance. I felt great earlier in the week and was consistently hitting sub-9:00 miles. Then my cumulative fatigue kind of caught up with me and I wasn't as speedy. Still got them done, though.

My only real window for my long run Sunday was to get up early and do it on the treadmill before my family started coming over for Easter. Not gonna lie -- I wasn't the happiest person rolling out of bed before 6 a.m. on a Sunday. But ya do what ya gotta do. And it was sooooooooo nice not to have to worry about it the rest of the day, instead worrying about what kind of chocolate I was going to gobble down next.

Weights and plyo: One session of heavy lifting/body weight exercises for about 1 hour. I haven't lifted a real dumbbell or tried to do a pull-up in at least three weeks and I feel like I'll be sore forever. Plyo was my usual 20 or so minutes afterward.

Yoga: One quick 30-minute session of mostly hamstring stretching and pigeon pose.

Pre-hab: Nothing this week.

Total: 10 workouts in about 10.75 hours. Honestly, I'm happy with what I got done since I knew it wouldn't be my best week.

This week I want to check out a pool that I think will better align with my new schedule. And, of course, hit all my bike, run, weights, yoga and pre-hab workouts. But let's fight one dragon at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment