Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week in review March 23-29 -- Yeah, yeah. I know I'm late.

Swim, bike, run, repeat.
"Hit your key workouts but blow off everything else" seems to be my theme lately. I guess it's better than the other way around, but that means I've been spending a lot of time swimming, biking and running and that's about it.

Swim: Three times, all in the pool, 3200 meters at a time, for a total 9600 meters in just more than than 4 hours. That ties for the most I've ever swum in a week. EVER. I'm so close to breaking that 10,000 meter weekly total!

Bike: Four times, all on the trainer, for 6 hours total. That works out to three shorter rides and one 2-hour ride.

Run: Five times, four on the treadmill and one outside, for a total of a whopping 34 miles in about 5 hours, 20 minutes. 34 miles is the most I've run in one week since DECEMBER. And it feels good! Running outside more often isn't bothering my knee, so I think it might be time to start thinking about sending our home treadmill to that big trash heap in the sky.

34 miles makes for my best week since December.
Weights/plyo: One weights video of just less than an hour followed by plyo moves.

Yoga: Nothing this week. Ugh.

Pre-hab: Nothing this week. Double ugh.

Total: 14 workouts in 16 hours, 41 minutes. A great week for me, considering I've only hit 16 hours a few other times this year.

I had a few life-getting-in-the-way moments, but this week's totals really come down to not making my "other" a priority. I don't think I'm training enough to start giving up swim/bike/run for weights/yoga/pre-hab quite yet. Right now I think it's more important to keep chugging away at that base.

I'll warn you now that this coming week isn't going to be impressive. I mentioned that my work schedule was changing and boy, has it ever. Today I left at 7:30 a.m. and didn't get home until 7 p.m. I expect it to settle down soon, but dang. Hopefully, this base I'm chugging away at will carry me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment