Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week in review March 9-15: An even balance

A pretty even split.
I knew I'd be pressed for time this week, so I focused on hitting my main workouts. If I got anything else done, I'd consider it a bonus. Considering all that, it turned out to be a pretty darn good week.

Swim: Three times, all in the pool, 3200 meters at a time. This means this week's 9600 meters in just less than 4 hours is the most I've ever swum in a week. EVER.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 4 hours and 40 minutes. One of those was an early-morning Saturday session before I headed out of town.

Run: Four times, all outside, for 24.5 miles total in just less than 4 hours. That works out to two easy runs, an MMD, and a speed run. I didn't get to my long run this weekend because of vacation.

Weights/plyo: One heavy/body weights session of about an hour followed by plyo moves.

Yoga: Nothing this week.

Pre-hab: Nothing this week.

Total: 12 workouts in just less than 14 hours.

It's about what I expected and I'm happy with how it turned out. It's interesting to me that swim, bike, and run time were all so similar, and I actually swam more minutes than I ran. I don't think that's ever happened before. And, it's good to see some speed in the water and on the run. As for the bike, well, I just have to keep working at it.

I'm building that base, one swim, bike, and run at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment