Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The first race of the season...

... is on the schedule.

I'm signed up and paid for one of my favorite races, an Olympic-distance triathlon, over Memorial Day weekend. Bring it on!

I did OK at this race last year. I was coming off (another) freezing cold winter, my swim/bike/run was going well but not great, and I was in a new age group. I was hoping to PR, podium and/or qualify for Age Group Nationals, but I did none of these. But it was only my second Olympic distance, and I still learned a lot of valuable lessons to apply to the next one.

This year I'm hoping to knock off all of my goals from last year. I'm already swimming faster and more distance than last year, I'm biking a bit more, and I'm running a lot more. Fingers crossed that it will translate into a great race.

And hopefully this will continue to motivate me to get my butt in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment