Monday, March 20, 2017

Week in review March 13-19: Ugh, blah, yuck, etc.

Not a lot going on last week.
Last week: Ugh.

It didn’t start off great. I was sniffly for much of the day Monday, enough so that I curled up on the couch with a blanket after work and didn’t do much more than eat leftover (homemade, dairy-free!) lasagna.

I felt better by Tuesday and got in a decent treadmill run, and a weight-lifting video Wednesday. Hooray! My husband wanted to go for a run Thursday so I traded my speed run for an easy run with him, because I’m trying to encourage good habits, after all. =)

But I ran errands after work Friday and the last one was so frustrating I didn’t want to do anything else until friends wanted to meet for a drink later. Saturday morning, a friend wanted to go out to breakfast and to the market, and going with three people always takes a lot longer than with two people, so by the time we got home, I had pretty much resigned myself to being a couch potato.

Excuses, excuses. I know, I could have held firm and stayed in, but what would the point have been? I like training, but I also like going out with my friends from time to time.

I was able to rally a bit yesterday (Sunday) for a few easy miles and then a few additional miles being dragged around the neighborhood by my hyperactive lab mix, but between college basketball (go Blue!) and food prepping, I didn’t have time for anything else. I go to bed late enough as it is.

By the numbers, it was:

Run: Three times, once on the treadmill and twice on the road, for 16.75 miles in a bit less than 3 hours.

Weights: One video for 55 minutes.

Total: Four sessions in a bit less than 4 hours.

Of course I know logically that I can't kill it every week. I'm going to be sniffly some days, I'm going to want to lay on the couch and watch basketball some days... that's just a fact of life. Still, not even 4 hours is a bit depressing.

Oh well. Not much to do except buck up and do better this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment