Monday, March 6, 2017

Week in review Feb. 2-March 5: Stepping back significantly

A nice and easy week.
Last week was all about recovering from my big race weekend, traveling home, and getting back to real life. Doing any kind of exercise was an afterthought and mostly very easy stuff.

Monday was a recovery (and spring training) day, Tuesday was a travel day, and Wednesday was about getting back to work and buying and prepping groceries. I finally got on the treadmill Thursday for a few miles to shake the cobwebs out, and did a decent amount of weight lifting and running over the weekend.

Run: Twice, both on the treadmill, for 8 miles in 1 hour, 20 minutes. I kept both runs at a 10:00 minute-per-mile pace just to get back into the swing of things. I really wanted to get outside Sunday but my schedule ended up getting weird, so I finished season 3 of Orange is the New Black instead.

Weights: Once, my heavy-body weight routine, for about 1 hour, 20 minutes. Yes, I lifted weights as much as I ran this week.

I am still feeling this now two days later. Although I kept up with barre and weights videos until the week before my race, I haven’t lifted heavy since I got into the race almost two months ago now. Every single pull-up and squat muscle is extremely mad at me. I didn’t realize I had been neglecting them so much.

Bike: Once, on the trainer, for 30 minutes to warm up for my weights workout. I’m pretty sure that was the first time I’ve been on the bike this year.

Total: Four sessions in 3 hours, 10 minutes. Not great, obviously, but considering I was out of pocket for three days, I’ll take it.

I’m pretty tired today so it's been a quiet evening of yoga and some glute exercises, but I hope to really get back into it tomorrow, if I'm recovered from my weights workout by then!



No comments:

Post a Comment