Saturday, March 4, 2017

A quick February wrap-up and looking toward March

A steady running build over the last 13 months.
February was a great month, running-wise. I successfully built for my big race(s) at the end of the month, and I did a bit of yoga and weights, too. I did a tiny bit of pre-hab and didn't get any other sports in, but the running races were my big goal so that's OK.

Here are my goals vs. what I actually did:

Run 100 miles: I actually did 127. Wow!

This worked out to 16 times, 5 on the treadmill and 11 on the road (4 of those races), in about 22 hours.

Finish final build/taper/race for Gasparilla: Done!

Practice yoga twice per week: I actually managed 5 sessions for about 2 hours total, so let's say once per week.

Lift weights once per week: I managed 3 sessions, so almost once per week.

I also did two quick pre-hab sessions to try to strengthen my glute muscles a bit.

I want to get back into the routine of doing things other than running for March: I want to increase my weight lifting again, do quick sessions of yoga and glute pre-hab throughout the week, and start rotating swim and bike back in. I also want to start thinking about a spring race. I'm looking at a couple of half-marathons and/or a shorter trail race in April. And, of course, I'd like to hit 100 miles again.

It's a lot, yeah, but without a big race to focus on, I think I'll have a bit more free time to do other stuff. And, it'll keep things interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment