Monday, November 7, 2016

Week in review Oct. 31-Nov. 6: Keeping up the run, run, lift routine

Lots of running!
Last week was great. For the most part, I kept up with my routine of run, run, and lift on a three-day rotation. I ran a total of five times and lifted weights twice! This is amazing for me!

The week started with Halloween but I needed to get in 1.15 miles to make 80 for the month. So I did what any crazy runner would do and ran the 1.05 miles to my friends' house to pass out candy. After another friend dropped us off I ran 0.1 miles up and down the block, of course. And then I felt less guilty about eating the kids' Jolly Rancher suckers.

I took Friday off training because we celebrated my dad's birthday after work. I was supposed to run that day, but I ran and lifted the next day, Saturday, while my husband was at the football game. It actually worked out perfectly; I even got to sleep in beforehand. I did my first trail run in years the next day, Sunday, and while I was a bit sore starting out, it was nothing a few miles couldn't shake out of me.

Anyway, by the numbers it was:

Run: Five times (twice on the road, twice on the treadmill and once on the trail), for 23.9 miles in about 4 hours, 20 minutes. It's a bit slow for an average pace for me, but I attribute that mostly to the slower trail run.

Weights: THREE times if you count one round of my plyo moves alongside one barre class and one round of heavy/body weights while watching football (on TV) and finishing The Get Down. It took me about 2 hours, 40 minutes in training time, not counting goofing around, TV-watching time between sets.

Yoga: Twice, both self-guided quickie sessions, for 30 minutes total. Not great, but at least it's something.

Total: 10 sessions for about 7.5 hours. Not bad! It's more than a session a day, and more than an hour day, so I'm doing better than average. Ha!

This coming week is going to be slow since I need to rest today from all the running and lifting, and I'm going out of town later in the week. But at least I got a decent week under my belt beforehand.


No comments:

Post a Comment