Sunday, November 6, 2016

My first trail run in a loooooooooooong time!

I haven't run trails in a loooooooooooooooooong time. Four summers ago, one of the five triathlons I did had the run on a trail, so I did a few runs beforehand on one of the local hiking trails. The only "trail running" I've done since then was when a race happens to have a bit of trail as part of its route.

But there's a trail race I want to do later this month. So, today, I dragged my husband out to a popular hiking/mountain biking trail to do a 5.5 loop just to see if we could do it.

Verdict: Success! We tripped over roots a few times, and the hills were a lot higher and steeper than I remember, but we made it back to the trailhead unscathed. It was fun and hard, and the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I am already feeling it in those unused muscles in my feet and legs.

I stopped a few times to take some pictures, because it was a gorgeous fall day:
Most of the leaves are off the trees already.
Gorgeous yellow leaves.
Pretty river crossing. 
It was only 3:30 or so when I took this, and the sun was already starting to get low. =(
Another pretty river crossing. 
Up and down and up and down. Probably one of the hilliest trails in Southeast Michigan.
We both had a blast. I wish these trails were closer because they are a whole new challenge and we would get out there more often. It was a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment