Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week in review Oct. 24-30: A much better week

Run run lift, run run lift.
Yesterday was nuts – figuratively and literally with all the Halloween candy – and I’m behind in pretty much every aspect of my life. I didn’t have time to write Sunday because I spent a few hours in the kitchen again prepping food, and yesterday we went to our friends’ immediately after work to pass out candy for Halloween. I know – excuses, excuses.

Overall, last week was great! I kept up with my three-day rotation of run, run, lift. I got a tiny bit of cross-training in too, but nothing to write home about. Mostly, I'm excited about the consistency and finally getting in a few decent training hours.

By the numbers, it was:

Run: 5 times, three on the road and two on the treadmill, for 26 miles in about 4.5 hours. This was a good mix of a speedy-ish solo run, a couple runs with my dog, a couple runs with my husband, and some zoning-out runs on the treadmill watching Netflix.

Weights: 2 times, one video and one round of my heavy/bodyweight routine, for about 2 hours, 15 minutes. Twice in one week! YES! I can't remember the last time I did this.

Bike: 1 time on the trainer for 20 minutes to warm up for my heavy/bodyweight lifting.

Yoga: 1 session for about 15 minutes. This is not enough! I just ran out of time by the end of the week.

Total: 9 sessions in about 7 hours, 20 minutes. I mean, I can't be too mad since this averages out to more than an hour a day. It's definitely progress.

I am feeling good, knock wood, and am hoping to take this momentum with me for another week.


No comments:

Post a Comment