Thursday, November 3, 2016

October in review: A decent amount of running

80 miles of running, boom.
October was all about the final push to get ready for the Freep Half Marathon, recovering from that, and then starting a run-run-lift three-day rotation. Not surprisingly, October was mostly running with a few “other” workouts sprinkled in.

Run: Most of the month’s training was spent running, with 16 runs to hit 80 miles in a sliver longer than 15 hours. This averages to 5 miles per run, which isn’t bad. A lot of this was slow running with my husband for our final training miles and the half; not surprisingly, our two slowest runs were our longest. I did get a few faster, solo runs in there, too, and we did one fun race the weekend before the half. After the race and some recovery, I hopped on the treadmill for a few easy runs afterward on cold, dark and/or rainy days and took my dog out a couple of times. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Weights: I lifted twice early in the month, took time off around the race, and lifted twice more at the end of the month, for a total of four weights sessions with an extra plyo session in there in about 5 hours. This is great! Sadly, this is the most I’ve lifted in about a year, but at least I’m getting there. This works out to two rounds of body/heavy lifting, one video, and one barre class, in addition to that plyo session.

Yoga: Four times, all self-guided sessions, for a total of 1 hour, 10 minutes. A once per week average isn’t terrible, but I should be doing more and/or longer sessions.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, to warm up for 20 minutes each before a body/heavy lifting session. Nothing special there.

Overall: 27 workouts in almost 22 hours. That’s almost a workout every day and almost 45 minutes every day on average. Not Ironman-training numbers, to be sure, but I’m doing better than the average fat American, so I’ve got that going for me.

I'll be out of town for part of November, and will very likely be stuffed with turkey for another part, but I'm still hopeful I can make it an even better month.


No comments:

Post a Comment