Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Week in review Nov. 7-13: I’m not dead, I just went out of town


Hey, guys. I didn’t post last week because my husband and I headed out of town for a few days. The first part of the week was dedicated to cleaning, laundry, errands, and all the other tasks that need to be done before you skip town. I also made sure to get two runs and a weight-lifting video done before we left.

I packed running clothes to make sure I got some exercise on our trip. I only went for one easy run, but at least I didn’t bring my running clothes for nothing. I did a decent amount of walking around town, but no real training otherwise. Oh well – it was a nice few days of eating sushi, hanging out with friends, and watching football.

I’ll keep it quick since there wasn’t much going on:

Run: Three times, twice easy on the treadmill and once on the road with my husband while out of town, for 11 miles in just less than 2 hours. Some boring miles in my legs and an easy jaunt to take in the sights, nothing special.

Weights: One video (Bob Harper’s Pure Burn Super Strength) for about 1 hour, 5 minutes. If you use enough weight this one can get very challenging. I was definitely feeling it the next day.

Total: Four sessions in 3 hours.

I’m not going to beat myself up for taking some time off, and I’m glad I got in a run while on the road. But, especially with the holidays coming up, I’m looking forward to getting more serious running mileage in and lifting weights regularly again. I’m signed up for a race the day after Thanksgiving and I don’t want to embarrass myself. Plus, with all the turkey I plan on eating, it won’t hurt to go into the holiday with a calorie deficit! (I kid, I kid.)


No comments:

Post a Comment