Thursday, October 6, 2016

A last-minute 10K

My husband and I were planning on running 7-ish miles this weekend as a last long run before the Freep Half Marathon next weekend. Then, I got an email about a Halloween-themed 5K and 10K taking place not far from our home. I’m not one to use races as training runs, but this looked really fun AND the medals are glow-in-the-dark scary pumpkin faces!!!

Amazing medals!
After a bit of discussion, we agreed that the fun race atmosphere would help motivate us to get out of bed and get our long run out of the way for the weekend before college football starts. Plus, it’s supposed to be perfect running that morning. Plus plus, there will probably be donuts and cider.

I couldn’t talk him into wearing a costume, but it still should be a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment