Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Week in review Sept. 26-Oct. 2: Feeling better, training more

Not a bad little week.
Last week was the first in a while I felt relatively human. I’m seeing a new doctor, who changed my medications and started me on new vitamins. A few days later I am already noticing that I’m not falling asleep during the day (ok, not as much) and actually sleeping better at night. Progress! I go back in a few weeks for more blood work and to confirm that we’re moving in the right direction.

I did lose a couple weeknights last week, meaning that I did no training. Monday I did all the food prep I skipped on Sunday in favor of a barbecue (can you blame me?), I ran errands another day, and the third I drove my cousin halfway to my uncle’s so he didn’t have to make an extra-long trip on a weeknight. What can I say, I’m a good niece. I did get up butt-early one of those days to run 4 miles on the treadmill before work and hit my goal of 75 miles for September. Yay!

By discipline, it was:

Bike: Just once on the trainer for 20 minutes to warm up for a weights workout.

Run: Three times, twice on the road with my husband and one solo treadmill run, for 17 miles in about 3:18. Nothing special here – this was all about getting miles in, no matter how slowly. But it did include a 10-miler Saturday morning, which was only my husband’s third-ever double-digit run. Yay! We are ready for the Freep Half.

Weights: Two sessions, one round of my body/heavy moves and one round of plyo moves for the first time in months. Seriously, I had to click backward in my calendar to APRIL to find the last time I’d done my plyo moves! Eeek!

Yoga: Twice, both self-guided sessions in my living room, for 1 hour total. These are almost always bends, twists, pigeons, dogs, etc. – anything to stretch out all those running muscles and the tightness in my back.

Total: Eight sessions in a bit less than 6.5 hours. Not terrible, compared to my totals of late, so I’ll take it. An average of almost an hour a day isn’t bad.

This week is probably going to be the last of the warm-ish weather we’ll see until who knows how long. I want to do a few more enjoyable evening runs before I have to bundle up, and may even squeeze in a fun 10K this weekend. I want to take advantage of these nice days and feeling good for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment